Thursday, September 5, 2013

Joy and Happiness

Greetings My Friends

Many people think that happy and joy represent the same feelings. I think there is a big difference. To me happy is a temporary feeling, for the most part. Maybe you bought a new car, or took a great vacation. The average person has that happy feeling for a couple of weeks, and waits for the next thing to be happy about.
Joy on the other hand is more spiritual. If you are feeling as though you are dead inside, or nothing gives you a feeling of contentment, you are probably missing true joy in your life. First off you must make up your mind to have joy. Joy takes a little effort at first. You can start out by listing all of your blessings. If you are born again, that is one of the best reasons to have joy. If you stop to think about all of the things that are really good in your life, joy will well up in your heart.
When you get into the word and see the fabulous gifts you receive from God, you can't help feeling joy. He called you to salvation as a gift to you. With salvation comes the Holy Spirit and eternal life. This in itself is the most fantastic and downright incredible thing that can happen to you. As you keep your eyes on Jesus and learn what it means to be a child of Almighty God, you will grow in joy and even more blessings. Your whole life will change for the better.
 As you grow, you will realize more and more that God and the Holy Spirit live inside of you. You can talk to them anytime you want to. They will talk to you in that small quiet voice that you feel inside of you. The fact that God chose you is the greatest reason for joy. Throw in the fact that he wants to bless you beyond your wildest dreams, and spend eternity with you. If these blessings aren't enough to fill you so full of joy you can hardly believe it, something is wrong. To maintain that joy, all you have to do is remember how much Jesus loves you and what that means. It sure beats the temporary happiness of something like a new car.

God Bless You and Remember
 Jesus loves You

Prayer of Salvation


Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment