Monday, September 16, 2013

Gifts of The Holy Spirit

Greetings My Friends

The gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to all believers, but not all believers can accept that fact. These gifts are not natural, but supernatural.  They fall into two categories: speaking and serving. These gifts set believers apart, and are evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit.
The word of wisdom is generally considered to be the ability to understand God's Word and His will. It also allows that  person to apply that understanding to everyday life.
The word of knowledge enables a person to understand the deeper meanings and truth in God's Word that can only come from divine revelation.
 Faith is given to all believers. The special gift of faith is the kind that is so persistent and enduring in intercession that no one or nothing can prevent this from its trust in God in the outcome it seeks.
 Healing is one of the more controversial gifts. Some people believe healings are rare and then only by special people. I am in the group that believes healings occur every day and everywhere. Especially effective is when two or more believers pray for a healing for someone. Sincere prayer, love, and trusting in the Word of God and Jesus name will heal or restore anything if we believe. I personally have seen many healings and have received several myself.
Miracles happen even today contrary to what some people think. Miracles are divine intervention. The unexplainable is usually explainable by calling it a miracle. I do not use the word miracle in a haphazard way. For instance, someone has an accident and by all logic should be dead, but he survives and is normal. Terminal health problems go away and doctors scratch their heads. What would you call it? There are countless cases of the impossible becoming the opposite. So many unexplainable events that the only explanation is divine intervention or a miracle. Some of us have an idea so imbedded in our brains, that we don't let facts interfere with our beliefs.

We will cover more gifts in the next message. It is true all of these gifts are for all believers. What I believe is what I have read, and several preachers said, and that is that we receive each gift as we need it, and have the faith to use it.

God bless you, and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of salvation.
Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment