Thursday, September 12, 2013

Does Jesus Love Me?????

Greetings My Friends

This message was supposed to be after the fruits of the Holy Spirit, but I felt moved to do it now. I will go back to the original plan on the next message.
 For years I struggled with the issue of feelings. If God loves me so much, how come I don't feel it? I think most of us have wrestled with that one. We must take it on faith that God really does love us. It was a problem for me too, but the Holy Spirit solved it.
If you were in high school 50 years ago, and you had a crush on a girl, you wanted to know how she felt about you. You asked some of your friends to find out, because you just didn't know. A friend came back and said she really likes you. You got all excited for a couple of days and then it wore off. If you started seeing her and going out with her, you knew by the way she acted if she really liked you.
 In a way, that story is the key to the answer for whether God loves you or not. For some reason when it comes to God, we are usually blind and not very smart. If we can tell if another person likes you or not, just apply the same logic to God.
 First of all, God created you. He made you in His image, so right off the bat you know there was no chincing in your creation. He created you to function perfectly. He even put it in your heart to someday return to him. He also gave you a free will, freedom to decide for yourself.
 Now you have to start looking back and being totally honest with yourself. From the time you were young, you probably got into situations that could have gotten ugly, but they didn't. Maybe something very good happened to you. Some doors were closed because they would have been a disaster. Some doors were open to you that really benefited you. You could still pursue these goals if you wanted to, but the results would not have made you happy.
Then of course comes all of the blessings that you may not even recognize as blessings. Your spouse and children, your health, your job, where you live, and the list goes on. Even the sights and sounds that bring you pleasure.
 The biggest one of all is when God gave His only Son. Because of Jesus death and resurrection, our sins are washed away, we are totally healed, and we are made children of God when we accept Jesus as our Savior. At the same time we also receive the Holy Spirit. Yes my friends, God did all of this for us, even before we knew him. That is unconditional love. I have always said that God must really love me, because he protected me from myself.
 Since the Lord has no favorites, remember, the only difference between the Apostle John and you is he knew how much Jesus loved him.
 God Bless You and Remember
Jesus Loves You

 The Prayer of Salvation.

Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment