Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gifts of the Holy Spirit 2

Greetings My Friends

Continuing with the gifts of the Spirit we come to prophesy. The word prophecy does not mean exactly what the old time prophets were doing. Since scripture was completed, it generally refers to proclaiming what has already been revealed in the written word. Much of what the old prophets did was repeat what was spoken earlier.
Discerning of spirits is the ability to recognize evil or lying spirits. It also allows the believer to identify all false doctrine, perverted cults and anything else that is against the Word of God. Discernment will even reveal if a person you are talking to is under the influence of an evil spirit. Twice in my life I met someone that made my blood run cold, the evil was so strong.
 Preaching and teaching our gifts that require the anointing of the Holy Spirit to be effective. Any preacher that is a real preacher or teacher will tell you they pray for knowledge and guidance before they teach or preach. If they do not feel the anointing, they will pray until they do.
 Another pair of gifts sure to cause a stir is the gifts of speaking in tongues and interpretation of it. I believe but I cannot prove the following opinion perfectly. Because of the Holy Spirit, the apostles could preach to say 20 different ethnic groups at the same time in Hebrew, and each group would not hear Hebrew, but their own language. The Bible gives me the impression that each apostle spoke each language. I don't know for sure, but I do know that the Holy Spirit did something.
 Over the years tongues became a sign that the Holy Spirit dwelt in whoever prayed or spoke in tongues. It is as the Spirit gives utterance. Praying in tongues is the Holy Spirit talking to the Father making your prayer perfect. My personal opinion is the most powerful spiritual thing you can do. Your mind doesn't wander and Satan cannot understand it.
 The Holy Spirit gives these gifts as we need them. Some we may never need. If you experience only one or two in a lifetime, don't despair. The Holy Spirit is still in you if you are a believer. Besides it is all part of God's plan for you. Praise the Lord!
God bless you and remember
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment