Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fellowship

Greetings My Friends
Defined as a community of interest, activity, feeling, or experience.
For most of my life, I had never experienced fellowship as it relates to church. The religion I was brought up with, at least in our church, except for everybody being there at the same time, there was no fellowship.
I was so turned off by our religion that I left the church at a very young age. Except for one attempt when our son was born, I had not gone to church in many years. I never even thought about it. One day I heard a preacher on TV.  It sounded different.  He had a real Bible-based message, and I started to watch him semi-regularly. The next thing I knew I was a regular, and I started looking for other preachers. After a while, I was watching three or more preachers every day besides the original one.
I started reading the Bible and watching my preachers. I learned a lot from them, and I felt that this was a terrific substitute for church. At one time or another they all talked about finding a good local church that was Bible-based. I wasn't too keen on the idea. I don't know if it was because of my past experience with church, or just plain laziness, but I fought the idea for a while.
One day my wife said that she thought we should find a church so we could be with other believers. At that point we started to checkout churches. We're looking for a church that taught what we were learning on TV. When we got to church number five, we found it. Well when we started going to the small church, no one had to explain fellowship to us, because this was a church of believers that felt like family. Kind of the way the Bible describes the body of Christ.
All I can say at this point is, I believe in fellowship for several reasons. You really get to know people. If one needs prayer, some or all of the others pray for them. If someone is struggling with something, you get a chance to help, or someone helps you. You learn from each other and witness to each other. Also it is written "when two or more are gathered together in my name I will be there also".
If you've never associated with other believers, you are a juicy target for satan. Yes you have power over him in Jesus name, but he can make you so miserable until you remember that. If you call someone from church, we help each other to realize sooner that you are children of the most high God, and satan has no power over you in Jesus name. At the same time the fire of the word is rekindled in your heart. There really is no substitute for fellowship and the life of a believer.
God Bless You and Remember
 Jesus Loves You;
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment