Sunday, September 8, 2013

Believe as a Child

Greetings My Friends

We have read in the Bible in Matthew 18:3 "assuredly I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven".
I think you will agree that this verse is really powerful. But what does it mean? Let me give you some examples.
When we are little children we believe absolutely everything we are told, because we don't know about lies. We start going to church with our parents. Many religions concentrate on rituals and traditions, and spend very little time with the Bible. My church, when I was growing up usually read a couple of verses on Sunday, and almost no teaching. Some people grow up that way and stay that way their whole life. They never suspect that their  strongly held beliefs may not get them to heaven. Either they don't read the Bible because they think they are getting everything they need at church, or they are just plain lazy.
Then you have a group that accepted Gods call and were born again. There is a large percentage of this group that doesn't read the Bible because they don't feel the need to because they are saved, or they are lazy too.
When you read the Bible, you are reading the Word of God. He does not lie. Relax when you read the Bible, it is not a regular book, so don't read it like one. Study it, think about what you are reading. I find the ESV Study Bible works best for me. Do yourself a big favor. Don't analyze every word, pick it to pieces, or try to find fault or mistakes. If you really study, after a while you'll have very few legitimate questions.
 When you are an adult, you probably have quite a few years of lies and deceitful practices behind you. You must make up your mind  when it comes to the Word of God, just to believe. Don't fight it, all will become clear. The more effort you put in, the faster it will happen.
The Bible is the key to a blessed life. How would you know about the love and blessings and just plain joy you can have in your life, if you didn't read it. Your spirit believes every word that is written, and your soul follows. Everything at that point depends on your brain for fulfillment. It must use faith filled words and believe. Whatever you say and believe in Jesus name will be yours. The Bible is a plan . If you follow a plan to build something and do it exactly, you will succeed, get the picture? Just believe, talk to the Holy Spirit about it, and you may be surprised. He does help.Listen for his little voice in your heart.

God bless you remember
 Jesus loves you.

 Prayer of Salvation.

 Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word, and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment