Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Topical Bible Versus

Greetings My Friends
The average person doesn't have a clue where to find Bible verses. You have probably heard someone on TV  say that if you are praying for finances, find all of the verses in the Bible on that subject, and meditate on them.
Easier said then done for most people. Well, I am about to make that a little easier. Even people that read the Bible once in a while, don't know that there is a concordance in the back of most Bibles. This lists subjects, and some verses that apply to that subject.
There is a very large book that is called Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. It lists everything you can think of. If it isn't in this book, it probably isn't in the Bible.
There are topical Bibles. I like these for most things. They not only have hundreds of topics, they also name the book and verse, and even write out the verse. While this makes it easy, you should still read a verses before and after from the Bible to be sure you get it in the right context.
You can also Google topical Bible verses, and you will get as much as you would with strong's . Thousands of words listed by letter. The beauty of it is you can click on a word for instance, you can print out all the verses that use that word. Each verse is written out.
One last thing. If you have a computer, tablet, etc. You can go to Olive tree.com and download a few Bible translations such as the KGV, NKJV, NIV, absolutely free.
So you see, you don't have to try very hard to have what it takes to study God's Word. I hope this is helped. When I started finding this stuff, you would think I just saw Jesus.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Father, I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died to forgive those sins. I know that by His stripes I was healed. By His death and resurrection He made salvation possible. I ask you Jesus, to come into my life, and be my personal Savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment