Monday, June 16, 2014

Get Out Of The Way

Greetings My Friends
If you read these messages you know that I believe in three day fasts for particular reasons. We have been on fasts twice in the last year or so. They are supposed to help you see your self, and get closer to God. The first one was Thanksgiving for all the blessings we receive.
We just finished the second one. I'll give you a little background leading up to it. We have a belief, that big decisions requires prayer before a decision, and we have to agree. With that being done, we proceed in faith.
As is common with almost everyone, it isn't that easy sometimes. Patience is a very difficult thing to keep, but it is supposed to build faith and character. That sounds good, but it doesn't make it any easier.
As time goes by you will probably start thinking about options, without even realizing that you are doing it. At this point you may hear a small voice egging you on and causing confusion. That is not the Holy Spirit.
At this point you and your wife may start to disagree about the decision and even have a few small arguments. At times it can even lead to a little bit of depression. All of this makes things seem worse than it really is.
One or both of you may realize that this is the time to have faith. Calm comes back for a little while. Before long you flipped back again, and maybe your prayer doesn't get answered.
Now back to the fast. The first day I had a real reinforcement about how much God loves me, and the power of the Holy Spirit. The second day was very good but no revelation. The third day started out with yet another rehash of the current problem. The conversation started to turn negative, but the Holy Spirit woke us up to what was starting to happen.
The rest of the day went very well, and we were back on track. At about 10 PM when we were watching the praise the Lord show on TBN, out of nowhere I heard a very loud voice in my heart. The voice said "get out of the way". Right then I knew exactly what He was talking about. When you give a problem to God, He does not need your help to get it done. Stop blocking Him. Needless to say, I'll remember that from now on, and I will stay out of the way. Once I give it to Him, it becomes His problem.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

My Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment