Sunday, June 22, 2014

Faith Is In The Spirit

Greetings My Friends
I feel that I have had a revelation about faith and prayer. This came to me about two weeks ago, and I thought it might help someone.
When we pray, most of us have struggled to believe, or as we describe it, have faith. Well it occurred to me that we are talking about two different things. Belief is in the natural world, and faith is in the spiritual world.
It is written in Hebrews 11:1 "now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".
1 Corinthians 2:5 "that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God".
If you really meditate on these verses, I think you'll agree that faith is a spirit thing. So when we pray, how do we reconcile these two worlds?
First of all faith comes from God. We have salvation by faith which is a gift from God. How do we know? Because He said so. So are we to pick out what we believe, or accept it all? Even our poor natural brains realize that God cannot lie, and always keeps His word.
Our spirits were from the beginning, created in the image of God. After we are saved, our spirits are one with God, and do not have the capacity for anything negative. Remember we are the same spirit in this imperfect body, and in this broken world.
The problem then lies with the brain. The brain has been corrupted by this world, since we were born. Being in satan's world, has taught our brain all the ways of the world. It must be retrained. Ask the Holy Spirit to renew your mind. Open your heart to the Lord. How do you train your mind? Immerse yourself in the Word, and meditate. Something is better than nothing.
The best way to reprogram your brain, is to let it work against itself. If you get a thought contrary to faith, speak out loud. Brain you are a liar. When doubt comes in your mind, say brain you are wrong. Keep doing it. Train your brain to think what your heart tells it.
Make your brain work by pointing out what God says. Bombard your brain with faith filled thoughts. I also believe that when you pray sincerely, God goes by your spirit. Ask Him to help your unbelief. Remember, if you didn't have faith, you wouldn't pray in the first place. It is your faith filled spirit, that gave you the hunger to pray. So follow your heart and not your head.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

My Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, and your death and resurrection brought salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Thank you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment