Sunday, June 15, 2014

Negativity

Greetings My Friends
It seems to me, that fewer and fewer people care about how they do their jobs. Some people just plain don't care. Some weren't trained properly. Other people can't handle the job they have for various reasons, some of which are not their fault.
We have a tendency to be impatient with people we deal with. If we ask an employee a question, it seems most of the time they don't have an answer. Sometimes they are new and just get dumped on the floor, with no instruction. If I can't get an answer, or it is obvious the person does not know what I am talking about, I just thank them, and look for someone else. It does no good to embarrass them or give them a hard time, as it will only cause most people to get nervous and fall apart.
Up until recently I had a problem with call center, and customer service people, at a particular company. The call centers are located mostly out of the US. I don't know about anyone else, but I often have a problem with language. I have a difficult time understanding what they are saying, and they have trouble with me.
I used to pick up the phone with a totally negative attitude. I am sure the other person noticed, and probably got nervous. The increased nervousness probably made them forget half of what they knew. So in effect, I added to the problem. I don't think the person that I was talking to told her supervisor "please put me on the phone so I can be abused all day".
The bottom line is this. I now try to be more patient and understanding, and I thank God I am not that other person. I have finally come to realize that a lot of people don't do a bad job because they want to, it's just the pressures they have to deal with on a daily basis, that sometimes get overwhelming. The plus part is, when you act like a real Christian, it praises and pleases God.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

My Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment