Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Honoring God

Greetings My Friends
I have been reading about and listening to CDs about Holy Communion. Almost everything I have studied, tells the same glorious story.
For some reason a lot of churches celebrate it once a month, while others do it every Sunday. The average person I have met and talked to, really doesn't give it much thought. It is like a ritual passed down in a family.
I am not judging these people, I just feel sorry for them. For some reason, very little is taught about this greatest of all events. If people knew the significance of communion, they would probably have a much better idea of how much Jesus loves them, and what they are missing out on.
Jesus blood washed away every sin in your entire life. By His stripes you were healed, spiritually, physically, and mentally. Because He died and rose again, we can have eternal life. Think about that for a minute. If you had billions, you could not buy which Jesus gave us free. It cost him plenty though. Would you have done that for people who hate you?
Contrary to what some religions say, you can have communion every day at home. It isn't complicated. I think about what Jesus did for me, how much He loves me, and continues to love me. I say a short prayer for someone, and it is finished. Everyone can spare five or 10 min. If you can't, you should probably revisit the priorities of your life. It is no crime if you don't do it every day, but it is good to do. When you stop to consider the significance of Holy Communion and the fact that it is a remembrance of everything Jesus did for us, do you still want to ignore it?
Besides the benefits, it honors and praises God. You will feel closer to Him, and your life will change for the better.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

My Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, and your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment