Sunday, June 8, 2014

Suffering

Greetings My Friends
Suffering has bad connotations for many people. The average person pictures all kinds of horrible things. Sickness, accidents, job loss, death, family problems, and so on. While this certainly qualifies as suffering, and it is horrible, there are other sufferings that can be worse in some respects.
Let me start out by going against popular belief. God does not cause you to suffer, and in spite of what many people believe, he gets no glory for your suffering. He sometimes allows things to happen when someone's heart is not right with Him, or satan attacks.
Let's go on to another form of suffering. This occurs when someone prays for something, and waits, and waits. They think that their heart is pure, so it should happen immediately. They start to search for something bad that they did. Maybe they didn't pray right, maybe God doesn't love them, they go on thinking like this, and it gets worse and worse, so they get ready to give up. This self-inflicted suffering can get really bad.
You inflict more suffering on yourself, when you pray for something that is against the word of God. If your request does not line up with the word, you might as well forget it, and save yourself all that aggravation, agony, and just plain misery. Something else that will cause the same thing is when you pray for something that will result in harm to yourself or someone else.
If you want to avoid all the self-inflicted suffering, just get in the word, and pray according to the word. Keep your faith no matter what. Always remember Jesus loves you, wants to help you, wants the best for you, and He suffered so you wouldn't have to.
So it all boils down to this. Some suffering is allowed by God, some is caused by satan, and a good bit of it is of our own doing. Lack of total trust can be and is dangerous, because lack of trust is a sin in God's eyes. I don't know what you would call it, but I figure if you go through all of that, it qualifies as pure suffering.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

My Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought salvation. Forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment