Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Talk To God

Greetings My Friends
Today I would like to tell you about a very close friend, and his battle of faith. He told me his story, and agreed to let me write about it.
It goes back many years. His whole life was one of just enough blessings to keep it going. He had a long lingering illness, job troubles, financial problems. He said he wanted to just give up and run away. For some reason he couldn't do that.
A few years ago, we both came to the Lord. I was searching for God, but he came upon God as if by accident. We talked a lot about God, and he really started to be a believer. He didn't go overboard with the Bible, but he started to believe in prayer.
Well as time went on, his life had less chaos and confusion in it. His faith started to grow, as he started to see some prayers answered.
I saw him about a month ago, and couldn't believe he was depressed. When I asked him what the problem was, he said that God didn't love him. I asked what made him think that? His answer was that he had been asking God to reveal his plan for my friends life. He prayed about it almost every day and God did not answer. He was also disappointed about other prayers not getting answered.
I told him that most of us have been through similar situations. I told him to write down as many blessings he had that he could think of. I told him he had to decide if the Bible is true, and if Jesus suffering and death really meant what was written, and pray about that.
I also suggested something that really helped me. Go to a quiet room or place, and talk to God. Tell Him about everything that is on your heart. You don't have to pull any punches with God, tell Him what you really feel. After that, sit quietly and listen. Open your mind and your heart.
God's timing is perfect, and His word is true. While we wait for answers to prayers, He is working. Not until all the pieces are in place, will the prayer be answered. Remember our ways are not God's ways. When we have even a little doubt, he has to start all over. Keep at it and don't quit, because the next prayer may be the one, that occurs when the time is right.
It is written "I will never leave you or forsake you." Just as it helped me a while back, my friend is also doing much better. I repeat, trust in God always, because He always answers the prayers of believers.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Thank you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment