Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Tongue Is A Gun

Greetings My Friends
Let me ask you a question. Before you say I am nuts, think about it. Would you aim a gun at your child and pull the trigger? Okay, now consider this. When you speak words like “you are stupid”, “you never do anything right”, and so on, you can destroy that child for life. This is a proven fact, and it hurts so much more, because in some cases, the hurt lasts a lifetime.
There are many studies, that have found out, that if you tell your child something like, you never do anything right, it sticks. You can tell that child, 100 positive things, and it won't erase a fraction of the negative that you put in his head.
This applies to everyone you deal with to some extent. Marital problems, no friends, trouble with coworkers? Listen to what and how you say things. If you are honest, I think you will figure it out pretty quick.
Take a look at your childhood. Did you hear negative, hurtful things when you were a child? If you doubt about the long-term damage caused by such things, take a look at your hurt, and what you are passing down to your kids and spouse.
The positive words and actions result in happy, well-balanced people. What is in your mouth? Darkness and an evil tongue, or light and an uplifting spirit? If you are honest, that is a start. The Bible tells you how evil a tongue can be. Just read, James 3:1 – 12
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Father, I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died to forgive those sins. By His stripes I was healed. By His death and resurrection, He made salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal Savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment