Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Value of Devotionals

Greetings My Friends
We have all seen dozens of devotionals on bookstore shelves. Most of them are written by people you have heard of if you watch preachers at all.
Most of the preachers have a place on their websites, that you can download to any device. Your I Phone is a handy place to get your devotionals.
There are two popular forms of daily devotionals. One type is a Bible verse for the day, and the other is a Bible verse, a paragraph or two, basically helping you to understand what the verse is about. A lot of them finish with a short prayer about the explanation, and even related Bible references are given.
If you look some of these devotionals over, you will find that you will have preferences. Well Bible verses cannot be changed, the explanations very in their ability to explain. You will probably lean toward two or three authors that you like the best. Good teachers aren't always good writers, and vice versa.
Devotionals were never meant to replace the Bible. They were meant to add some clarity, and to give the reader an idea of how to meditate. I think it will help the average person. It sure helped me. I read two different devotionals every day. Kenneth Copeland is my favorite, but I find that most are pretty good. Find the one you like, then I think you'll see what I mean.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Father I repent of all my sins. I know that Jesus suffered and died to forgive those sins. By His stripes I was healed. By His death and resurrection He made salvation possible. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart, and be my personal Savior. Help me to live according to your plan. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment