Monday, June 9, 2014

A Must Read

Greetings My Friends
Many of us believe that we have faith. But do we? We study the Bible, look for verses to memorize, even take notes. We try very hard to have faith. We watch a number of preachers on TV, and read countless books, jot down any pearls of wisdom. Over a period of time we compile a large quantity of what we feel are answers leading to the prize. That prize is total faith in Jesus.
You probably have that picture in your head right now. Maybe you have done it. So now you pray. You bring out all the weapons you have gathered, and mention every surefire phrase you can think of. You pray with a clean heart. Pretty soon though you start to wonder if you missed something. For instance, did I include all the right phrases. Usually it seems like you wait and wait for your answer. Your faith starts to waver. Now what?
I wrote one time about fasting. The last one I did was one of Thanksgiving. Let me say, doing a fast to get God to do something, doesn't work. The fast I went on now was for the purpose of renewal of my mind and heart, and to get closer to God. My wife and I saturated ourselves with the word, CDs, and inspirational TV. The fast was three days, but things started to change the first day.
Now for the big thing we learned. You don't need to go through all of what I described. We realized that although we had a certain measure of faith, we were missing a lot. My wife and I had the same exact idea at the same exact time. It seemed to us to be confirmation of what we considered to be a revelation.
We now go to the Lord, and ask forgiveness. We put our request to Him with specific verses for the request. We ask for it, Jesus says it in His word, Jesus cannot lie. So by His own words, He is obligated to answer our prayer. Sounds simple, and it is. What do you do while you wait? Just believe, and keep believing. Trusting is easier when you know the other guy has no choice. I don't mean to seem flippant, but the fact is when we take God at His word and trust Him, it makes Him happy. God is good, loves us more than we can possibly imagine, and cannot wait to give us His best if we believe.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

My Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought salvation. Forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment