Sunday, March 2, 2014

Tithing Brings Blessings

Greetings My Friends;
Whenever tithing is mentioned to a group of people, the usual reaction is deafening silence. I think many people don't believe what it involves or what the Bible says.
Proverbs 3:9 – 10 "honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine".
I believe among the reasons the Lord has for tithing is that it is a way for us to show we trust Him, and a good excuse for Him to bless us. There are any number of verses in the Bible that refer to tithing.
Tithing can be contributions to the church, or I believe to charities. The Bible says we are to help the less fortunate. The Lord said that if you have, and turn your head from someone in need, you're hurting yourself. I heard for years that all we have belongs to the Lord and we are to use some of it to do His work. It is written to whom much is given, much is required.
I have always given to charities. I wasn't cheap, but I wasn't exactly a philanthropist. About four or five years ago, my wife and I decided to give 10%. So I figured out what that would be. My thinking was I didn't want to cheat God, but I did not want to overdo it either.
After about six or eight months, I noticed that the increase in our giving was offset by a reduction in expenses. As time went on,  more reductions took place. It soon got to the point where we were getting back more than we were giving.
One day not that long ago, I was telling my wife that I would like to be debt-free. I had a credit card I was getting nowhere on, so the solution in my mind was to give more. That seems to be the smartest thing to do.
I have reached the conclusion that giving is absolutely necessary. The difference now is we pray about it, and give what our hearts tell us, and we don't worry about  percentages. You cannot out give God. Love and compassion has no boundaries, just as God's love for us has no limits or boundaries.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father, I come to you a sinner, and I ask forgiveness. I truly repent, and believe with all my heart that Jesus died and rose again. I also believe I am washed in His blood, forgiven of all my sins, and by His stripes I am healed. With all my heart I accept Jesus as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment