Thursday, March 20, 2014

Nit Picking The Bible 1

Greetings My Friends;
Probably one of the most common forms of nit picking occurs when people don't understand something, and their imaginations run wild trying to show the Bible is wrong.
Taking something out of context distorts what is written. Whether it is the Bible, or war and peace, you can take something and make it look like the opposite of what it meant.
For instance. Someone I know called one day and said that he and his brother were disturbed that God put a thorn in Paul's side, and would not take it out, so that Paul suffered for years. How could God do that if He loved someone?
I pointed out that they should read a few verses before and after Paul receiving the thorn.  I explained that it wasn't a physical thorn, but a messenger of satan,according to the bible.  God told Paul that he had sufficient grace to get rid of it. The one who called me could not accept the explanation,and he is probably still looking for an answer.
When we read the Bible, we must remember to look at the context and not just  a few words and call it what it isn't. Always ask the Holy Spirit for enlightenment before reading the Bible. You don't want to base your faith on something you don't have all the facts on. As I said earlier, read the whole thing, don't just pick out a few words or a sentence.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father, I truly repent for all my sins, and ask Jesus to come into my heart as my personal Savior, and to help me live my life according to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment