Thursday, March 13, 2014

Faith Unveiled

Greetings My Friends;
This message concerns a discovery of faith that can drastically change how you look at it. I have prayed for myself and others many times. Sometimes I saw what I prayed for, sometimes not. Sometimes it was a struggle to believe, but you try anyway.
About a year ago, I bought a book by F. F. Bosworth. He lived over 100 years ago, and was a great man of faith, especially for healing. This book is about faith for anything, not just healing.
I thought the book was pretty good, but for some reason I pretty much forgot about it after I read it. I have it on my Kindle in the archives, so I haven't really seen it since then.
The other night my wife asked me to read something inspirational. She felt it might help when we pray, especially at church. I looked at a number of books by famous church people, and decided on the Bosworth book.
Well I tell you what. All of a sudden it came alive. I read a chapter and we discussed it. We did this for several nights in a row. It was downright hard to put it down. We discovered a new meaning to faith. Bosworth said when you pray, see the result, and act in faith, trusting in God's word. We knew all that, but we felt there must be more to it.
We were led to do a three day fast as Thanksgiving for our prayers. We are to thank the Lord for our answers before anything happens.
The first day of the fast, we had our private time with the Lord. We read the Bible, listened to a couple of CDs on faith, read a few more chapters from Bosworth and discussed them. In the evening we watched a couple of inspirational movies.
The next day, it was as if a veil was lifted. All of a sudden we could see where our faith was not as good as we thought it was. That explained a lot. All faith is, is trusting the word of God for results. The difference was, we became much more aware of the blocks to answers. You must keep your eyes focused on the result 100% of the time and totally ignore the slightest attempt by satan to sabotage your prayer.
You have heard all of this before, so have we. Sit down and really think about an unanswered prayer. Analyze it, and you will undoubtedly find a couple of reasons you didn't realize.
When you pray, trust God completely, see the result, and put your carnal  mind in park and shut off the engine. We realize this may be just ho-hum to most people, but we mention it anyway in the hopes that our experience in this little episode will help someone.
The book is Christ the healer by F. F. Bosworth
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
Father I truly repent for all of my sins, and ask Jesus to come into my heart as my personal Savior, and to help me live my life according to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment