Monday, March 31, 2014

A Lazy Christian

Greetings My Friends;
Just a few comments about being a lazy Christian. I am writing about me, and not judging someone else. You may recognize a little of yourself. Dare to face the truth if you do.
For the last number of years, I have had some occasions when I was feeling like I was not a very good Christian. I felt condemned, and useless, and was convinced that there was no way, God could use me.
I followed the old tried and true words to rebuke satan. I didn't have very much success. I prayed and felt better, but it didn't last. I would be tormented for days at a time.
One day I felt like I got an answer in my heart. satan didn't have to condemn me, I was doing it to myself. I was listening to his lies about my faith. He was telling me that I don't measure up to what a real Christian is. He was telling me that whatever I did, really didn't matter much. I was wasting my time.
The truth, as I discovered later, was quite different. He was causing my lazy streak to exercise itself by planting all that negativity. He knows that if you get a little lazy about your faith, he has a chance to bring you down the rest of the way. Remember as I did finally, he can only do what you allow him to do.
I believe one of his favorite tools, is to try to plant doubt about prayers that have not manifested yet. Once he can convince you of that, he invites you to a pity party with you as guest of honor. While this is going on, you get even lazier about your faith, and sink deeper.
I have been there. Praise the Lord, the Holy Spirit told me to read the Word. It seems that as soon as I opened that precious book, peace came over me like an impenetrable blanket. Nothing could touch me except the word of God.
I was reminded of a couple of things. God does not see things the way we do. He sees our hearts and forgives. The other thing is, God says we are not to judge anyone. That my friends, includes judging ourselves. We are to do what we know to be right, and leave the results to Him.
Now, any time I feel any negativity, I pick up the word, and soak in the peace. If you have trouble rebuking satan, remember, just read the word. He will run in terror.
Be in peace my friends.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Yahweh bless you and keep you
Yahweh causes face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
Yahweh lift up his face onto you and appoint unto you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment