Monday, January 19, 2015

The True Power of Words

It Is Written, Proverbs 18:7, a fools mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
A lot has been written about the power of words. Words produce what is in your heart, whether you agree with that statement or not. The Bible says, as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7.
Jesus said ,I have told my people that they can have what they say, and they are saying what they have. I suppose there are many times in the average person's life that that would apply.
There are many examples of this truth in the Bible. Mark 11:23, and numbers 13, are just two examples. In numbers we hear the story of the 12 spies who went into Cannan. They looked at the same things, but 10 saw with worldly eyes, and 2 saw with spiritual eyes. As you know, the 10 spoke negative words about what they saw, and the two spoke faith filled words.
Your tongue has a way of saying what is in your heart. Many times the message in or out, bypasses the brain. Your brain can tell your heart what to believe. The heart sorts the truth, depending on whether the thought is spiritual or not, and if it should accept the thought or not.
When you hear your own words, the tendency to act on them is great. But don't kid yourself. If you let your brain operate everything, you can still have problems. If you accept negative words or thoughts, a bad outcome is usually the result. Remember, as a man is in his heart.
Now I come to something a lot of people don't realize. The reason is people are so conditioned in the world today, and life in general, that they accept things that hurt them, and don't even know it at the time.
Have you ever thought something like "I'm too old for that" or "I'm getting older so my brain isn't as sharp as it was" you are conditioned to look at many things that way. If you live in the spirit as you are supposed to, your life won't go downhill like people say.
Sitting around and stewing over something, is just as bad as saying it, because sooner or later you will say it. There's an old saying from sports, the best defense is a great offense.
So take charge of your life. Pray in faith and use  faith filled words. If you believe it, and say it, nothing is impossible to you. Jesus said so. Praise the Lord!
There is a great little pamphlet written by Kenneth E Hagan, many years ago. The title is You can have what you say. You can probably get it for about a dollar at www.Rima.org.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment