Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Believe For Answers

It Is Written, Proverbs 3:5, trust in God with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
If you talk to people about prayer, and ask them if they pray, a majority will probably say yes. Ask them if they're prayers get answered, and again you will have a majority but this time they will say no. There are many reasons for that answer, but God is not one of the reasons. Let's take a look at some of the possible reasons.
The first reason is probably the most common. Some people do not know the requirements for proper prayer. Forgiveness in the heart, love for God and others, faith in the word, to name the main ones. I have known a few people that prayed every day. They had unforgiveness toward many people for many years, or angry all the time about something, and so many other things that do not describe a true believer, that it is unbelievable.
Another reason for many, is lack of faith. They do not expect their prayers to be answered. I think the fact that they thought they were praying, made them feel better. Besides, maybe a prayer will be answered someday.
Now we come to one that I delt with for a long time before  I woke up. I prayed for a certain thing to happen, believed then took a step in faith. Didn't happen. I tried five more times, each time a little different. Still no. Then I felt in my heart it was for my good, that I did not get what I asked for. I asked the Holy Spirit to forgive me, and give me peace. Almost immediately, I had total peace in my heart, and I still do. If I didn't lean on my own understanding, I would've had peace much sooner.
Now we come to fear and doubt, satans favorite way to block prayer. Sometimes God waits a while before He answers, in order to test our faith. satan tries to take advantage of that. Realize that is what is going on, and keep God in your heart, and there will be no room for satan.
God always hears, and He always answers. Sometimes we may not like the answer. Just remember, God sees the whole picture, while we just see a piece of it. He knows what His good plan for our life is. The fact is, sometimes no is an answer. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment