Sunday, January 25, 2015

It Is All in the Believing

It Is Written, Isaiah 26:3, you will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Over the last year or more, we have discussed the power of words. Words can do great things, and words can do great harm. Many times we say things by instinct, or without thinking. Sometimes we regret what we said, almost as soon as we said it. Is there no hope?
Fortunately there is an answer to what words we use. The words we blurt out, are usually a result of our belief system. Change your beliefs, and your words change seemingly with no or little effort.
A good place to start, is looking at your relationship with God. You don't have to be a super saint, just someone who believes in God, and asks Him for help. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom and guidance in everything you think, say, and do. Ask each morning for that day.
Many older people have problems, because they expect to have them. Memory is a good example. People have been conditioned to think that the older you get, the worse your memory gets. For instance. You forget the name of someone, so you say, I guess I am getting old, and you know what they say, first the mind goes. If you believe that in your heart, your mouth will say it, and what you say will happen.
If you keep that up, you will face self fulfilling prophecies, as everything you believe that way, will get worse and worse. A few years ago, by the grace of God, I found the answer for me.
If I misplace something, or forget something, I simply say, I don't know offhand, but I will remember it. I don't give it another thought. Later on, say an hour or two later, I might be cutting the grass, and the thing I temporarily forgot pops into my head. This has happened so many times, it should be a scientific law.
The whole point is, what you believe will eventually come to pass. It will come to pass because you will end up speaking it, and your mind and body will start fulfilling your words.
You must remember, that even saying something as a joke, can start the ball rolling. For instance if you say I am sick and tired of something or other, you may not mean it, but you said it. Pay attention to what you believe, and work on changing harmful beliefs.
One more thing. Many people worry about family curses. I believe that the tendency for certain things passes to a generation. For example, drinking, gambling, abusive personality. If you don't condemn yourself to something by accepting it as true, the chances are, it will stop with you and your descendents. The trick is to stop believing what people tell you about being cursed. If you don't accept the curse, and believe that you are just fine, you will be. That is the best way to stop the so-called family curse.
One more time. What you believe is what you will say. What you say is what you will get. This is fact. Look at your beliefs, and your life, and the words you have used, and you will see that this is true. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the Cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment