Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Jesus Love for You

It Is Written, Proverbs 8:17, I love those who love me. Those who seek me diligently will find me.
Quite often, I have thoughts about how much all of us under appreciate what Jesus did for us. The first thing most believers mention when asked about what Jesus did, is the crucifixion. It wasn't like we see in Hollywood versions. What Jesus suffered was so bad, there is no way to describe it. Isaiah 53 will give you a small idea.
The best way to get a tiny idea is to study the story of the crucifixion, starting with the Last Supper. Jesus knew everything that would happen to Him, but He functioned pretty much like He wasn't overly concerned. Think of the apprehension we have thinking about a  dentist appointment. Can we possibly get a real feel for what He was going through?
Don't forget, He was here as a man and suffered pain like we do. To my knowledge, I have never read about what Jesus went through in His mind that day, as He was being tortured. Based on how Jesus loves us, I am sure that with each  whip stroke, punch, and all manner of abuse, He was thinking about what His suffering would accomplish. He could've escaped all of it, but His love for us made Him do what He did.
Think real hard about each thing that happened. The description of the scourging, and how it literally ripped His body apart. Pull out a couple of your hairs, then think about Jesus beard ripped out of His face. I'll tell you right now, whatever horrors you can imagine about that day, isn't the tiniest fraction of how horrible it really was.
Sometimes I get frustrated and upset with myself for not appreciating enough,what Jesus did for me. Let me explain. I think most of us look at the death and resurrection of Jesus as the greatest show of love ever.
I have to sit down and think about salvation for instance. My sins are forgiven, my whole being has been healed, I am a son of God, and I have eternal life. There is much more, but going into it right now would take too long. It is very hard, if not impossible, to wrap your mind around what this really means. The human brain needs a frame of reference. There is an answer however. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you just how great these blessings are, and to help you keep this example of Jesus love in your heart. He will.
You can go to Google, and search for a topical Bible. Many downloads are free. Start finding out more about everything Jesus did for you. It is hard to appreciate something that you don't know anything about. You could spend the rest of your life meditating on Jesus life. Then you can start to see a little of what He did for you. He is waiting to reveal His love for you personally. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment