Monday, January 5, 2015

Don't Beat Yourself Up

It Is Written, Ephesians 2:8, for by grace you have been saved, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift from God.
If you read my messages, you will note that from time to time, I mentioned my morning ritual. My day starts with the Lord. I speak mostly to the Holy Spirit. It goes like a conversation where you tell your best friend what is on your mind and what is in your heart.
After the conversation, I study the Bible for a while. Then my wife and I thank the Lord for a number of specific things, and have communion.
This may appear to some people as works. The fact of the matter is, it is far from works. Let me explain each item, I think you'll see what I mean.
The quiet time and conversation at the very beginning of the day is like first fruits. Giving the first part to God. I seek the wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit each day, every day.
I study the Bible to get to know the Trinity as much as possible. After all, how can you love or trust someone you don't know.
Then there are Thanksgiving prayers every day for blessings received, even though some may not have happened yet in this world. Remember God operates in the spiritual world. He is way ahead of us.
Many people don't realize what communion means. By His stripes we were healed, His blood washed away all our sins, by His grace, death, and resurrection, He gave us salvation if we accept it.
So you see, the parts of my routine each have a reason. Unlike works, this routine helps my relationship with God. If something comes up and I miss one or all of these steps, He does not condemn. He loves me no less. I just feel that I am missing out on the closeness.
So there you have it. Some things strengthen your relationship with God, but if you're routine gets interrupted, don't worry. Nothing changes His love for you. He only wants to bless you, not punish you. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment