Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Loving God

It Is Written, Galatians 5:22, the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.
We know we are supposed to love God with our whole being. Our love is supposed to put Him above everything in our lives. That all seems reasonable, but how do you do that?
I think most of us have a problem with that. For a long time I was concerned about my love for God, or seeming lack of it at times. I prayed to the Holy Spirit, and He put on my heart I should have faith and trust in God and that is the love He wants from us.
As you can probably guess, at first I ignored what the Holy Spirit said. Instead I made excuses for the way I love God. I told myself that when I was growing up, my parents loved me I guess. There was no hugging or warmth. How do you love a God you don't know, when you don't know what love is?
When I got married, I loved my wife and my children as they came along. It was the first time I had a clue about love. There were however a couple of other problems. I was looking at love the way humans do, and expected to feel the love the way I felt about my family. Then, the other thing was, we are told to love our neighbor as ourselves. I didn't like myself very much. Need I go on?
When I found Jesus and accepted Him, I received the Holy Spirit. After a while I got baptized in the Holy Spirit. With that my eyes were opened, and so was my heart. The Holy Spirit showed me so many things that needed to change. For one thing I didn't trust anyone so it took a little bit of effort to trust God. Remember I was just starting to learn, so that statement seemed reasonable to me.
I started to ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom, guidance, and help, every single day. He never failed me, so my faith and trust grew. I started talking to Him during the day. Sometimes it was only a few words. Finally I arrived at the point that I was having real faith. I depended on Him for everything, and my faith grew even more.
One day as I was talking to the Holy Spirit , He put on my heart that I was starting to love God. Since God is a spirit, and we are spirits, we have to stop looking at things through human eyes. We love God by faith, and trust in Him. It is by faith we know how much He loves us. So just relax, and start talking to the Holy Spirit. Even if you just trust Him for little things at first, you will find your faith growing, and along with it, your love for God without even realizing it. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment