Sunday, January 11, 2015

Direction From God

My Friends
It Is Written, Proverbs 16:9, a man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
It Is Written, Psalm 138:8, the Lord will perfect that which concerns me.
It Is Written, Psalm 37:4, delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
I think most people feel that life can be a real challenge at times. That certainly is true for many people. You face all sorts of problems every day, and as you know some of them can seem overwhelming, and almost drive you to despair.
When you are going through the various trials, it is easy to get frustrated and want to give up. It seems that everything you try fails. At times you may even feel that the devil is working overtime to make your life miserable. Some people blame God, because they feel He allowed something to happen that they didn't agree with. That kind of thinking hardens many hearts to God. And then you have the people who cry out to God, because in their desperation, they believe He is the answer, or they feel they have nothing to lose.
Does any of this seem familiar? With so many things going against you, God may be the last thing you want to hear about. satan has his dirty hands and all of this, because he wants you against God. He can even take something that is really good for you, and make it look like God is persecuting you.
Well my friends, that scenario does not have to be true for you. I am probably older than most of you, so I went through all of this stuff, and felt the same way for a large part of my life.
I have been a Christian for a while now, and the Holy Spirit showed me a few things. This is not a sales pitch for God, because He doesn't need it. As I look back in my life through the eyes of God's love and mercy for me, I see a different picture. If I had to live my life again, the same way, except this time I knew what I know about God, I would never worry about anything.
When you follow Jesus, all the pieces of the puzzle of life fit together to make a beautiful picture. You can never be too young, or too old to follow the most high God. As the verses I quoted at the beginning tell you, God is on top of the situation at all times. Just believe it and trust in Him. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment