Monday, January 26, 2015

More About Sneaky satan

It Is Written, one Peter 5:8, be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
It seems that most of us think we have satan figured out. We are pretty confident that we know what to be aware of. satan is pretty obvious. Or is he?
We know for instance that pride, complaining, not loving your neighbor, are repulsive to God, and He says they are sins. What many people, including me, didn't realize is that satan has a way of disguising things, so they don't look like sins. He knows that sin blocks prayer. Unanswered prayers are blamed on God, because we don't think we are sinning.
Have you ever seen someone do something you didn't like or agree with, and say to yourself or someone else "I would never do that". A perfect example is a young person parking in a handicapped space, and practically running into the store. Ring a bell? Well my friends, your statement is pride, the statement is also judging people, and of course possibly anger and in extreme cases, a level of hatred for that person. A better way is to look at that person, and in your heart just say what he did is between him and God. Not my concern.
Another example. We all know someone who doesn't always think about someone else. They do what we think is so ridiculous that it is laughable. Someone who is a guest in your home for example. This person comes in and criticizes the size of your shower, the brand of soap, and everything else they see. This is the kind of person who most of us at one time laughed about and talked about. We thought they were a joke.  Again our pride comes in because we think this person is self-centered, and we are judging them. Beginning to get the idea?
Your job, your life in general, is wide open to satan and sin. If your life is not going the way you would like, don't complain. This is a hard thing to deal with sometimes. I look at it as one of three things.
In the example we just looked at, maybe God is trying to get your attention. He has something better for you, but you have to ask Him. Many times people turn to God as a last resort.
 Maybe you ask God to guide your life according to His plan, and then you try to follow your plan. This is really pretty common. I know because I did it for a long time. If you ever use the GPS you have an example. The GPS guides you as to how far for how long to your destination. If you miss one of the instructions, the GPS recalculates and tells you how to get back on course. That's kind of how God does it. Pay attention.
If things are going really well, examine what you are doing. It could be God and blessings, or it could be satan. Be honest with yourself. If God is not your constant companion, or you don't talk to God, beware! It could be a trap. You may not agree with some of what I just said, but I found out in my own life what I have just told you.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment