Thursday, January 8, 2015

Don't Skate

It Is Written, Proverbs 23:19, hear my son, and be wise, and direct your mind in the way of the Lord.
In case you are not familiar with the word skate, it basically means to take something lightly. For instance, when I was in high school, I got pretty good grades with practically no effort. I skated through school.
Most of us have that type of attitude at one time or another. Some of us have it most of the time. If something is unimportant to us, we try to get by with as little effort as possible. One of the biggest problems with that, can occur with something that is important. For instance, suppose you have a job you do well because you have been doing it for a long time. If you start to let up on your effort, you could over period of time, end up with disastrous results.
Now to get to something important. When you become a Christian, you eagerly read the Bible, talk to the Lord, and act better toward people. You could be this way for years. Then one day something comes up, and you miss your prayer and Bible time.
Being a Christian, you know that God is not going to condemn you. Thank God for that. As time goes by it happens again. If it happens often enough, it starts to get easier to miss that prayer time. You may even stop prayer or Bible time, or both. Believe it or not, you may even start to feel, that all of that prayer time is really unnecessary, and you know everything you need to know. Besides weren't  we saved by grace and not works. Well my friend, you have just experienced skating.
The other thing is, if you stop completely God will not condemn you, but you will start losing the closeness and faith you used to feel. Your faith suffers.
Praise the Lord, all you have to do is go back to Him. He loves you no matter what. You left Him, He didn't leave you. Go back to Him and talk to Him. If He never leaves you, never leave Him. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment