Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I Did It My Way

It Is Written, Proverbs 3:5, trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
That verse contains the key to salvation, and a blessed life. Many people don't realize the power it holds. I certainly didn't.
I have a normal amount of intelligence. I was blessed with an extra helping of self-confidence, and the ability to figure most things out. Maybe you fit that picture too. If you do, and you are still young, pay close attention to what I am saying, for your own good.
I have in the past, been able to do many things without much effort on my part. I spent the biggest part of my young life with few challenges, and everything coming pretty easy. It really didn't matter if it was a job, money, or even girlfriends, it was all easy. You might say I skated through the first 20 years of my life. I don't mention any of this in a boastful way, just as a way of background to the rest of my story.
When a person gets married and has kids, many things change. Usually though, self-confidence doesn't. As you go through life, you face many ups and downs. For the most part things usually go pretty well. You live kind of like the average person you know. Sometimes something happens that shouldn't have, and other times things don't happen that should have. You face all kinds of challenges. Frustration occurs much more often than you would like.
After a number of years with disappointments on the job, or health, you try to figure out just what is wrong with your life. Something is missing, but you don't know what. The family is good, so what is the problem?
Man was created as a child of God. Along with that, God had a plan for each one. Part of that plan was to guide us in our lives for our good. We also received a big problem at the time. That problem is called free will. We get to choose. If you have a large amount of intelligence, or self-confidence, it is usually harder for you to see that you need God.
When you finally wake up to the fact that you do need God, your life changes. You may still face a lot of the same problems, but now God will get you through them. As I said, follow His plan, accept what Jesus did for you, and the bonus  is eternity with God.
This has been a very condensed version. Believe me when I tell you, everything I did my way was less than spectacular. So make it easier on yourself and your family. Follow God's plan to begin with. Don't do it your way, it doesn't work. I found that out the hard way, after many many years of futility. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my life as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment