Thursday, January 29, 2015

Prayer, A New Revelation

It Is Written, Matthew 21:22, and whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.
All of us have prayed at one time or another. Maybe we didn't even realize it. Maybe we aren't convinced that prayers are really answered. We have all been there.
If we pray with the right motives, and a clean heart, prayers will be answered. When most people pray, they either beg, or they have a, "if it is your will Lord" prayer. You can do that, but you will probably be disappointed. You can repeat Scripture when you pray. That is good, but unless you believe it completely, it more than likely won't accomplish much. Verses are not magic bullets.
So what do you do? Let us start off by realizing that prayer usually involves time. A part of the problem with most of us, is that we expect instant results, the way we expect them. While that does happen, it is not the usual thing. I think those answers usually fall into the category of miracles. We need to look at normal results. And yes, prayers are always answered for our good.
Now that we have the lightning bolt kind of answer to prayer taken care of, let's look at the normal answers.
In order to have prayers answered you must believe that prayer is always answered. Using verses of Scripture helps us believe, if we understand and trust the verses that we use. The other part is trust in Jesus name, and the power of the Holy Spirit. I will now tell you what made the difference for me. Your own version of this will help you get your prayers answered.
When I read the Bible and saw a blind man healed when Jesus put mud on his eyes, or Naaman  dipping in the river seven times to cure leprosy because that is what the prophet told him, I really didn't ask myself why these miracles happened that way.
What slipped past me, and a lot of other people, was the fact that the washing and dipping was an act of faith on the part of the persons being healed. It then struck me, that the answer to prayer is acting on faith. This was an epiphany to me. I will now give you a quick idea of what I do, and have told others.
I start out by telling the Holy Spirit that I claim whatever I want in Jesus name. As in the case of healing for example, I claim it on the fact that Jesus already did it by His stripes. I receive in my heart, and I believe it.
At this point I thank the Holy Spirit for the answer as often as I think about it. Here is a part most of us miss.  Patiently wait for that small inner voice, and follow it. It will tell us the steps of faith we must take to get our answer. For example, maybe you need to lose weight. You can diet, or you can listen to the Holy Spirit. You can be eating, and a little voice tells you to stop. Do it. You will lose the weight just by listening to that voice. It works that way with all prayer.
When you get your answer, remember what Jesus told the adulterous woman, and several others. "Go and sin no more". If for example in the overweight case, stop doing what caused the problem in the first place.
Don't worry about hearing the Holy Spirit, you will. You will come away with more faith in prayer, and if you keep it up, you'll get to a point where everything you do, you will ask the Holy Spirit to help you. I ask Him every day for wisdom, guidance, and His help. Praise The Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment