Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Get The Upper Hand On satan

It Is Written, 1 John 4:4, you are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
There is a lot of comfort in that verse, but we will cover that later.
Many Christians associate just about everything that is bad or unpleasant, as the work of the devil. That is probably true most of the time, but it isn't a reason to live in fear of him.
I have known quite a few people, who constantly search the Bible for verses to fight satan and all evil spirits. They recite them as though each verse was a magic bullet against satan. Some people use them so much, they don't even have to think about it, they just say them.
I am not suggesting you stop doing it. I do think however that you need to consider a couple of things. First of all satan knows these  verses too. He isn't stupid. He knows who he is dealing with. He has been around a long time, and he recognizes who is a believer or not. I am sure you have heard people talk about constantly rebuking the devil, and the attacks keep coming. Most of the time, these rebukes are made in fear, and because of that, satan laughs and he keeps working.
You have probably heard the expression that the best defense is a good offense. That is so true in so many things. In dealing with satan, burn the  1 John 4:4 on your heart. When you get up in the morning, attack satan and all evil spirits, by calmly saying that verse out loud a couple of times. Add a few more verses like it. That lets the bad guys know that you know they have no power over you.
Remember this important thing. satan can only put thoughts in your head. He cannot make you do anything. He only does what you allow. Arm your self with the Word, and never fear satan and his evil helpers again. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen
A few more verses that fit the situation. Psalms 23 – 4,1 Corinthians 12:27, Romans 12:21, James 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment