Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Past Is A Clue

Greetings My Friends;
Many of us have a tendency to live in the past to some degree. Ordinarily that is considered a bad thing to do, because you can't change it. I heartily agree with that. At one time years were measured as BC or A.D. then somewhere along the line someone decided to change it to B.C.E. and then the common era. Their  little way of taking Christ out of history.
I have come up with my own measure of time and history. I call it BJ meaning before Jesus, and AJ meaning after Jesus. As we go along you will understand perfectly why I chose to do that.
If you sit down and look at your past going back as far as you can remember, you will run across things that have a bad memory. Even as a child we do things we are not happy about later. You can go all the way through your life, from say first-grade, all the way to the present.
Most people say, if I knew then what I know now, I would do it differently. Well my friends this is where BJ comes in handy. Consider what you would do if you had Jesus back then, and you will probably see how many important things in your life that didn't turn out exactly what you would be tickled to death about, would have been different if you had applied what you have learned about Jesus and the Bible.
If you had applied the lessons taught by Jesus that you know  now, you can probably find many situations that would've turned out the way you would be happy about years later. Well it is true you cannot go back and do it all over. But here comes the good part. If you have been saved you are living in the AJ. of history.
You may be wondering what that means. It simply means that with the AJ. Of history, you can apply in your life, all of the things you missed out on in the BJ.period of time. Think about that for a minute. If you follow Christ's example from the Bible, and from the teaching  you have heard, you get to do it right.
Someday the period of time you are living now, will be the past. The big difference now is, when you look at the past, meaning this period of time, you will have much different memories of it. It will be positive and filled with all the good things  that the blessing of God has provided for you. This time, you will realize how blessed you have been.
Well my friends, it doesn't matter what age you are now. All of this applies to you as well as to me. I look back at many years where things  could have been very different if I had known better. I don't dwell in the past anymore. I only use my past life, as kind of like a history book, to help me for the rest of my life. By knowing what I messed up, and putting in the love of Jesus for me, I can have the rest of my life as something to be proud of.
That in a nutshell, is the way I look at things now. I will never, ever in my lifetime, look back and condemn myself for all my mistakes. Remember, you are never too old to start again, and to do it right. Jesus loves you, he is with you always, and you have His word on it. He said he will never leave you or forsake you. Amen to that.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment