Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Quiet Time With The Lord

Greetings My Friends;
If you are like a lot of people, you probably have a routine that you stick to during the day. Routines come in handy. If you have something really important that you would like to do on a daily basis, you fit it into your routine. Most people have a tendency to do the really important things early in the day, and so make it a priority in their routine.
A number of people start their day by giving the first part of their day to fellowship with the Lord. That quiet time with the Lord is something a lot of people absolutely don't want to forget. It isn't that you feel like you're sinning, or you are trying not to be condemned, it is just something you feel in your heart you want to do.
Sometimes, if you do something to change your routine temporarily, such as going on a vacation, you may miss some important things. Without even realizing it, because of circumstances you find yourself in, you may occasionally, or during the whole trip totally miss your fellowship time with the Lord.
At first you will probably feel bad that you missed that quiet time. A couple of days later, your feeling downright guilty. You know the Lord loves you, and is not going to condemn you for that. You know it isn't a sin. But in your spirit you feel disgusted with yourself, because you missed what up until now has been the most important part of your day.
Well my friends I have been there. Yes those feelings expressed what I felt. As I thought about it, it wasn't even so much that I felt guilt for missing my quiet time, it was more a feeling of loss. It is as if the best friend you ever had was taken away from you for a few days or a week, whatever. That loss would be nothing compared to the way I felt about missing my time with the Lord.
Well I had to do a lot of thinking, and I came up with a solution for me. I now have a routine beginning with fellowship with the Lord, for the times that I am away from home. There is nothing more important, so it has to take first place in my life and everything else can wait. As I said before, it is not a question of worrying about some type of punishment or condemnation, it is a question of  the feeling of loss.
With the help of the Holy Spirit I will do exactly that. I will have two routines, one for at home, and one when I am away from home. You can always make time for the things that you want to do If you have been in this situation, you probably know what I am talking about and how I felt.
 Take heart. The Lord still loves us and understands. As the old saying goes, pick yourself up by your bootstraps, and start over.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment