Thursday, January 23, 2014

Inspired Writing

Greetings My Friends;
Over the years, I have heard  a number of comments about how the Bible was written. It seems some people will always look for fault, no matter what they are looking at. I have heard comments from many people, about how hard the Bible is to understand. It is true especially for someone just starting to read the Bible, that it can be a little difficult without some help from someone who knows. That could be your pastor, someone at church, a Bible study, or even someone on TV.
The unfortunate thing is, that some people become familiar with the Bible, whether it's because they think they are so brilliant, or just plain misguided, they talk about the way it is written. The thing I have heard a number of times, is that if it really is inspired by God, how could it be so confusing?
Well let me venture a couple possible explanations. First of all, anything inspired by God or the Holy Spirit, is inspired in the heart of the person who wrote it. The Holy Spirit does not dictate word by word as far as I know. He will put in someone's heart what to write, and how it gets interpreted by that person is how it ends up. It is still guided by the Holy Spirit so that it is correct. Then you have the matter of translations. You have vast time periods so language changes somewhat. You also have the translations of different languages. Through it all, the Holy Spirit, makes sure that the Word of God is the Word of God.
I do not put myself in the category of people who wrote the Bible. I do write these messages every day that I believe are guided by the Holy Spirit in my heart. I put down what I truly believe He has told me, and I let it go with that. I believe anyone who ever writes or says anything that he feels was revealed to him or her by the Holy Spirit or God or Jesus, is doing so by faith. It's the same with just about anything you encounter when you are a Christian. You must take a number of things on faith. There will be critics who will talk about you, say you are nuts, or trying to be someone you're not.
I believe that if you are doing what you are feeling in your heart, and it lines up with the word of God, you have to believe in what you're doing. As long as you are not changing what the Bible says, who can say your beliefs are wrong.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all my heart, that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment