Monday, January 27, 2014

Destroy satans power

Greetings My Friends;
satan is a wily adversary. He has been around trying to destroy man, since the Garden of Eden. He planted doubt in Eve's mind, and she fell for it. She had a big disadvantage compared to us. satan was new to her. She should not have doubted the Word of God, but I guess satan was convincing.
It is easy for us to look back and blame Adam and Eve. Some people say the world would be so much better if they weren't so dumb. The sad fact is my friends, to one degree or another we are all just as guilty. We should know better, but we still fail. satan is so tricky, that he makes sin look attractive to a lot of people.
There are times he can get in your head, and help you rationalize sins you are committing, to where they don't seem like sins to you. He will plant doubt, fear, despair, depression, and any number of things to catch you off guard and to try and control you. If it is negative, it is from him. If it is against the Word, it is from him.
Since we know these things, knowing the Word is the first step to recognizing satan. It is written in 1 John 4:4 "you are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" James 4:7 "therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you".
There are a number places in the Bible, that tell about the power you have over satan. Ignore him, command him to leave, it's your choice. He has no power over us. I heard about a well-known preacher, I will not mention the name because I'm not sure it was him, but here it is. This preacher woke up in the middle of the night, and saw satan standing at the end of his bed. The preacher looked at him, and said, oh, it's only you, and he went back to sleep.
So whenever you feel uneasy, a little down, doubting, or feel a little fear, to start talking to the Lord , he will never leave you or forsake you. In Jesus name, we have all the power over the evil one. Instead of standing around like a punching bag for him, we need to tell him what God says about him. With the power of the Word behind us,  satan is a paper tiger. We do not have to pay attention to him, or accept his nonsense.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment