Tuesday, January 21, 2014

More on Casting Cares

Greetings My Friends;
Over the years you have probably heard a lot about casting your cares on the Lord. What exactly does that mean? It means just what it says.
It is written in Colossians 3:15 "I let the peace of God rule in my heart and I refuse to worry about anything".
It is written in Psalms 138:8 "the Lord will perfect that which concerns me".
There are quite a few quotes that we could write down from God's word, but I think you get the idea. The first thing any of us need to do, is go to the Lord and tell Him exactly what's in our heart. Talk to Him as you would  your closest friend. When you are telling Him what's on your mind, tell Him the facts, trying not to be a complainer.
You can meditate on the two verses that I have given, or some others you can find in the Word, and your confidence will be built up. Remember one important thing. Denying something exists, is not the same as turning it over to the Lord. If you deny your problem exists, you will be greatly disappointed. When you trust in the Lord with all your heart, and give Him the problem, He will take care of it.
One of the biggest problems many of us have, is we  tell the Lord about our problems, and then we hang onto them. It has been said that when we work, God rests. If we rest, God works. So common sense would indicate that if we do not let go of the problem, God cannot do anything about it. The reverse is also true if we truly believe.
Over the last couple of years especially, as I think of it, I tried to put every little thing in the hands of the Lord. I don't feel I am a pest, I don't think I'm asking for too much, I'm just taking His Word for it. As I said once before, I even talked to Him about parking spaces when we go shopping. That may seem ridiculous, but unless you start trusting the Lord with little things, how can you possibly expect to believe for big things.
Casting your cares means casting your cares. As time goes on and your relationship with the Lord grows, it will get to the point where you don't have to think. it gets easier to believe, it just is. The best thing you can do for yourself, is take everything in your life, and put it in the Lords keeping. I tell you the truth, no investments, or so-called good advice from another human, no matter how good, does not measure up anywhere near what the Lord does for us.
I started out believing for parking spaces. I almost felt like it was blasphemy and insulting the Lord. You know what, the Lord doesn't feel about anything that way, as long as it is from our hearts. The thing you always have to remember, God loved you since before the Earth was created. You and God, cannot care about the same thing at the same time. Since He is the creator, let Him take care of it.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment