Sunday, January 26, 2014

Building Faith

Greetings My Friends;
Many people wonder how you get to know the Lord, or to build faith. I thought about that question, and I kind of figured out ,I'm sure with some help, that it is a lot like building muscles, or learning just about anything else.
If you really want to know how to do something, you must put yourself into it. If for instance you want to be a great cook, you have to study cookbooks and get plenty of practice. If you want to play a sport, again know all the rules and get plenty of practice. Getting back to the muscle part. You have to work your muscles, and push them a little beyond what you think they can handle. Sometimes there is a little pain connected with the stretching. But the fact is you know that what was hard to do today, is easier to do tomorrow because you have been working at it.
Well it's pretty much the same thing with growing your faith, except the pain from learning does not exist. You start out, probably listening to CDs or a preacher on TV. After that you probably would pick up a Bible, and at first start reading it like a book. Again after another little bit of time, you find out that the best way to really learn something, is to meditate on it.
By now you have probably been looking for a church. The best kind of church to go to, is one that teaches the Bible. If you are familiar with the Bible, then you can pick out the church without too much of a problem. You meet people there, exchange thoughts, and again grow in your faith.
I have mentioned before, that I started out exercising my faith, by asking the Lord for a parking space when I went somewhere. It seemed like kind of a silly thing to do, and even a little bit like I was insulting the Lord. I figured he knew what was in my heart, so I did it anyway. Well my friends as I have said before, I always had a good parking space. I have even had situations, where somebody was pulling out as I was ready to pull in.
That is a simple way to exercise your faith. As you grow in faith, you will find yourself stretching that faith. Another thing that will happen, is that your faith will grow to the point, where after you pray, you won't even think about whether or not it will happen. You will be so sure in your heart, that you don't give it a second thought. And that my friends is the place to be.
So just remember, satan would like you to think that you can never have mountain moving faith. That type of faith, he knows would destroy him. The other thing that you will have found out by now, is that in Jesus name, satan has no power over you.
So that is briefly, the way I approached the whole idea of building a relationship with the Lord. Try it, it works.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment