Monday, January 13, 2014

Guided By The Holy Spirit

Greetings My Friends;
Before Jesus returned to Heaven, He told His disciples to take the Word everywhere. That is a scary thought to most Christians. We picture ourselves going out the way the disciples did, and preaching on street corners and everywhere else we can preach. I do not believe that that is exactly what he meant for us to do.
I believe if we are supposed to speak to someone, the Holy Spirit will lead us. He will put in our heart, if we should talk to the person we are with. If we are supposed to talk to that person, the Holy Spirit will also make that person receptive to what we are saying. That is the way I have personally done it up till now.
Most of the ways we could get the message of Christ to people, are less traumatic. We are to represent Christ, by the way we act toward other people. When we show love, patience, and kindness to other people, we are reflecting Jesus love on those people. Many times that will open the door for us to talk to them about Jesus and His love for them.
At times, you will run across people, who have the opposite view of yours when it comes to the Bible. They have strong opinions, that are usually wrong. Quite a few of them even get angry when you try to tell them what the Bible says. The best thing to remember, is to not argue with them. You will get nowhere, and in that situation you are just wasting your time.
Another good way to spread the Word of God, is to pray for those you meet. In Jesus name bless them, and put them in the Lord's hands. In doing this you are opening the door for the Lord to do His part.
Yet another way to spread the Word, is to volunteer for worthy causes and just plain get to meet people. Remember we are supposed to be a reflection of Jesus, and if that reflection is good, the Holy Spirit will do the rest.
You probably have already been acquainted with things I've said, but I find that reminding myself once in a while is a good thing. It could be for you too. So hang in there, read the Word, and put it to work in your life. You don't have to be a preacher on TV, in order to help someone find the Lord.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your  Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment