Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sneaky satan

Greetings My Friends;
Well my friends  I have another story to tell you. You may find this story helpful, somewhat encouraging, and possibly even laughable. As I have said in previous messages I believe that that I am guided by the Holy Spirit in what I say. When I do these messages, I dictate to my computer, because it has voice recognition. For the most part it works very well, and I have very few corrections to make. With today's subject, I tried to put the title in by voice recognition eight or nine times. All it printed out was rubbish. I had to put the title in manually. This has never happened before. I guess satan got nervous.
What I'm going to tell you, is  types of things that you can go through, when you try to follow the Lord. Even though I believe that the Holy Spirit dictates these letters to me, I feel as if I have a personal interest as far as how many people read them. From the beginning I felt that the Holy Spirit would bring the people that were meant to read them, and I thought that was great.
As time went on, satan tried to tell me that if the Holy Spirit was indeed telling me what to write, the audience would be much larger. He told me that I was putting my two cents in and that nobody was interested in any of my messages. Naturally that would make you start thinking. I thought if the Holy Spirit was giving me a message, and I was getting it right, it would in  fact be much more popular. After praying about it, I realized satan was up to his old tricks. Instead of getting discouraged, the thought came to me, that the messages must be doing some good, or satan wouldn't be trying to interfere.
Another thing that I have tried, is to make videos. I felt that the video giving the same message as the written message, would give someone a choice as to how they would receive the message. Some people are not readers, and prefer verbal communication. Well satan stepped in on this one too. He told me that no one would watch my video, because I was boring and would put them to sleep. I struggled with this one for a while. Then I realized, that maybe some people out there like boring. I was not doing this for popularity, I was just passing on a message.
The whole point of telling you all of this, is that whenever you are doing or trying to do what you believe the Lord would like you to do, be prepared for old sneaky satan to stick his nose in to try to discourage you. He gets nervous when you try to follow the Lords Word. Be comforted in the fact, that he is trying to do these things because he is afraid. He does not want you to be close to the Lord. Doubt is how he tricked Adam and Eve.
So it all boils down to this in my situation. I will keep writing messages, and making my boring videos, because I believe in my heart I am doing what I am led to do. So I guess Proverbs 3: 5 "trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding"got it right. Just remember, you can believe it or not, the choice is yours.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment