Sunday, November 3, 2013

More on satan

Greetings My Friends;
All of us have been preached to about the devil. Countless books, movies, and objects that carry his imagined likeness have bombarded us for years. Problem is with all of this stuff out there, people pretty much look at the devil as less than a very scary creature. I have often thought that satan has a PR department to lead people astray by making him seem almost comical at times.
Kids where devil Halloween costumes, and the devil is pretty common at Halloween parties. I suspect this is the type of brainwashing of our kids. Just in case you think I am by nature a conspiracy theorist, I must say definitely not. Look at a rattlesnake, there is nothing wrong with thinking he will bite.
From reading books, listening to preachers, and studying the word, I have come to a conclusion that will shock many people. I am not alone in this opinion. I will elaborate.
If satan is attacking you, he does it because he is satan. We all know how it works. We know that if we rebuke him in Jesus name he will leave. As we all know, he is persistent, and we should not get complacent. He is looking for an opening to come back.
There is a vast group whom he never bothers attacking. They are his people, and he goes about encouraging them to sin. He has convinced some people about the joys of sin so much, that every once in a while you hear a comment that someone would rather go to hell because Heaven is to boring. It is sad when people are that ignorant of what they are up against.
That brings us to probably the last group of people and my controversial conclusion. satan attacks believers the most. The more you love God, the more he will attack. He is deathly afraid of God's people. They are a much bigger prize to him, so he tries extra hard. He hates God so much he wants to steal all of God's people and take them with him for eternity.
When you are attacked, realize that satan is starting to worry about you. The closer you get to God the more he attacks. It takes getting used to, but I look at it as something great. I know the more I am attacked the reason is I am closer to God. Fortunately for us and unfortunately for the devil, God gives us weapons that all the devil's hell cannot defeat. The word of God, and the armor of God.
As we grow in faith we no longer fear satan because we have power over him in Jesus name. The other thing is we are in a solid relationship with God. The verses I quote will give you an idea about attacks by satan. You can compare Paul's thorn in the side, to someone being a pain in your neck.
2 Corinthians 12:7 – 10 and lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. He said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made  perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, and reproaches, and needs, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment