Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Discovery

Greetings My Friends;
If you are a normal person trying to deal with faith, you probably have run into some pretty frustrating things. You have questions, but the real answer is hard to come by. There are so many books, CDs, religions,  and preachers out there that seem to contradict each other, to the point that we sometimes want to run away from all of it.
We all know that the answers are all in the Bible. Finding answers can sometimes be problematic because we're not sure where to look in the Bible. Sometimes you find verses that you are not sure what they mean. Sometimes you take a verse out of context, and that can give you the wrong conclusion.
Today I will give you some suggestions about what really helped me a lot.
First of all believe no man unless what he says is backed up by the word. Most Bibles have an index that will help you find some verses. You can get a much bigger list of subjects with versus already written out. This makes it a lot simpler. I like to use the MacArthur topical Bible. I would really miss it if I lost. It lists a very large number of words, and gives the verses pertaining to them.
Another good thing to have is a good study Bible. When you have trouble understanding a verse, you can usually get a pretty good explanation at the bottom of the page. The study Bible doesn't select every single verse, so I have a couple of different kinds. My favorite is the spirit filled life study Bible. I also have a MacArthur NKJV and  EVS version. Quite a few times I check all three to see what they have to say to get a better idea. I also have a few regular Bibles. Translations sometimes differ slightly in their meaning and that is because of the vocabulary and meaning of the words in Hebrew and Greek. I like to get as close as I can to the original meaning.
Another book I have to help me is strongs dictionary of Bible words. It has the English word just like a regular dictionary. It then lists all of the Hebrew and Greek words for that English word. It has a Hebrew dictionary and a Greek dictionary. Each word has a reference number to help you find it. It is very easy. You don't even have to pay any attention to the spelling unless you want to.
A couple of weeks ago I got a copy of Kenneth Copeland's personal notes edition of his KJV New Testament. I don't normally use the KJV because of the language. It is written in old English and is a little harder to understand. This book is incredible. It is an exact copy of his Bible for the last 50 years. He has highlights, personal notes, and brief explanations. The front half contains about 166 pages of explanations and Bible references on a couple of dozen different topics including covenants.
So there you have it. I am not trying to tell anyone that they should do the same. I will say that if I had to narrow down my books to 2, I would have the spirit filled Bible and the Kenneth Copeland personal notes on the New Testament. Between the two they get rid of a lot of the haze and make things pretty plain.
If you are interested in the Copeland book, you can go to KCM.org or Kenneth Copeland ministries and order a copy. I think you would be very happy with it.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment