Thursday, November 14, 2013

God's Love Through Spiritual Eyes

Greetings My Friends;
The title to this message is long, but I feel it is the only way I can describe what I am saying.
From the time we are very small, we occasionally hear that God loves us. If we go to a religious school, we hear it a lot more. I don't know about you, but through most of my life I thought that it was nice that Jesus loved me, but that was all. I think the best way to get an idea about His love is to start with human love and multiply it by infinity.
John 3:16 "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".
Take a look at someone you love very much. Multiply it by the highest number you can find. Look at someone you don't like. Would you allow your loved one to suffer like Jesus did, for this person you really don't like to be  rewarded? Praise the Lord, he doesn't think like most of us do. He sees all of us the same. He allows each one of us to decide if we will take advantage of his unbelievable gift to us, which is His Son Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you". Think about that. God will forgive the worst person. He gave His Son to die on the cross in order to accomplish that. Yet most of us forgive someone based on how much they hurt our pride or infringed on what we think is important. It is impossible to forgive as God forgives, but we sure can make a big improvement in our human forgiveness.
When Jesus was on earth, he saw the inner man as that man was designed. As humans we have a tendency to judge the outer man. We are quick to judge someone else even though it is written "judge not and you shall not be judged, condemned not and you shall not be condemned, forgive and you will be forgiven" Luke 6:37.
A little example. Let's say you looked outside and you see that it's snowed. Your neighbor is a 75-year-old woman. She does all the work around her house, in spite of the fact that her 40-year-old healthy son, and his  two teenage sons live with her. I am sure most of us will agree that it would be difficult to go out and shovel her snow,while her son and his sons stayed warm and cozy in the house. Well my friends, I think Jesus's  kind of love would favor the old lady and He would help her. Can we not do the same. Jesus would still love her son and his sons, but maybe he would be a little disappointed.
The examples of Jesus love for us could go on and on. We really need to meditate on Scripture when we read. I believe that if we meditate on one or two Scriptures like the ones mentioned, that would greatly benefit us. Spending a week or a month meditating on just those verses, and really getting what they mean, is better than just reading chapters without understanding. It would not take long for you to see that Jesus loves us in spite of how we are.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment