Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thoughts On Thanksgiving

Greetings My Friends;
Well we are at the holiday season again. I won't get into how much Thanksgiving and Christmas have come so far from what they originally signified. I will just cover my own thoughts on Thanksgiving. If you think some of it is corny, I forgive you.
When I look at my life, I cannot help seeing all of the things I am thankful to God for. In the first place, the Lord put people and circumstances together, so that as far from Him as I was, I came to see how much I needed Him.
Years ago if you asked me if I was following God or the devil, I really wouldn't know what to say. I guess a lot of us feel that if we don't kill anyone, or kick a little old lady down the stairs, we will probably go to heaven. I won't bore you with all of the ugly details, but praise the Lord I am saved now. Read the Bible for the truth, I had problems because I never did.
I am blessed with a wife that has put up with me for 49 years and counting. She and my two sons are a blessing in every sense of the word. I am retired, and have plenty of time to spend with the Lord. I enjoy what I do, and feel more blessed every day if that is possible. My wife is what I call my soulmate. I bounce things off of her, and she helps me in what I do.
Another reason for my thankfulness is our health. A number of years ago I was in the hospital for a sudden heart condition called atrial fibrillation. The following year I had to have a kidney removed. Because of the trauma of surgery, I developed type II diabetes, and had to take insulin. Starting to sound like a soap opera? There is more. I do woodworking, and due to not paying the proper respect to the tools, I almost cut off three fingers.
The next thing I will say may be hard for some to believe. After I found the Lord, and started reading His Word, I prayed for healing. I'm here to tell you that over a period of about one year, all of my  ailments went away, and I am totally free from them.
Now for a little less drama. I am also thankful for many things we usually take for granted, or maybe even complain about. A loving family, a wonderful country, a warm house, warm clothes, plenty of food, had a good job, a fulfilling retirement, good health, good friends, and you could keep going with this list for hours.
The whole point is, we all have something to be thankful for, even if they aren't exactly the way we like. Things can get better. Start right now by sincerely thanking God for what he has blessed you with, not just for Thanksgiving, but every day. If you read the Word and study it, you will find just what blessings you can expect from Him if you follow His way.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment