Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Church

Greetings My Friends;
Matthew 16:18 and I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
The message today as you can see is about the church. The church was established by Christ himself as the above verse testifies. If Jesus did it, it must be important, and should therefore be respected as something Holy.
When I speak of the church I am not talking about a building, I am talking about the body of Christ. Wherever believers are gathered to worship, that is a church.
I think that over the years, most of us get pretty lax about going to church. In my own case, it has only been in the last several years that I really found out how important church is. Verses in the Bible are empty if you don't meditate on their meaning. That is how most of us miss out on blessings. The church is a blessing on our journey in this world. There are many verses that would tell us that if we would read them and meditate on them.
The church is a gathering of people who love the Lord. It was meant that each member edify other members. Many people have problems, but the faith and understanding of others is a great help to them in dealing with it. By meeting with others who believe, you learn much more than you would by yourself. Praying together is  very powerful because you're in the presence of God.
I have a close friend who belongs to a church that he is a little unhappy with. He said he likes the pastor because he is a caring man and preaches the word. Then he starts about what he doesn't like.
He doesn't like most of the songs. I explained to him the songs are worship to God, and not for him. He says that people in the church are nice enough, but the church is dead. Attendance is very poor. Even the two elders are dead. People come to church dressed like they were cleaning their garages.
I suppose a lot of people are in that spot. If a church is like his or worse, it can change. Instead of looking at the way it looks, start seeing and speaking life over it. Pray for everyone to make it the way it was intended, help to live as we should. Be an example to others. Go every week dressed in your best. Talk to people about anything good you can think of. Get involved in whatever is going on. See if you can help the pastor. Don't give up. Pray and believe for enlightenment to your church. In talking to others, you and the group may discover a way to put the spirit back in your church.
When you get a chance, do yourself a favor. Read 1 Corinthians 12:12 – 30 and you will see a little of what Jesus thought of the church as a whole.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment