Monday, November 11, 2013

Spiritual Eyes

Greetings My Friends;
If you watch preachers on TV, or read spiritual books, you will hear or read about spiritual eyes. How are spiritual eyes different from our carnal eyes? I will give some examples of what I think are good analogies.
It is a fact that while the modern airplane is in flight, the wing tips each flex up-and-down about 15 feet, kind of like a bird flapping its wings you do not see this with your normal vision, but if you saw a slow motion video, you would be shocked.
I saw a slow-motion movie of an arrow in flight, and I had a hard time believing what I was seeing. As the arrow was flying, it was gyrating and  vibrating in such an extreme manner that you would wonder how it ever hits what it is aimed at.
If you have ever gone to a carnival where they had all of the mirrors in the fun house, and look at your self, you would see a different distorted image in each mirror.
And now for the last example of human vision, before I get to spiritual vision. How about a magician. The old hand is quicker than the eye; now you see it now you don't.
These examples are just a few of the ways our eyes get fooled. I didn't even mention mirages and optical illusions. It just shows you can't always believe what you think you see as real.
Spiritual vision comes from the heart and paints a picture on the brain. Even unbelievers have some spiritual  eyesight, and don't even realize it.
Suppose you are going on vacation and taking a trip. The whole thing starts by visualizing a place, what you can do, the weather and so on. You may do this with several places, and make a decision based on what your spiritual life, or heart helped you to see. Your heart told your brain, your brain saw the picture, and the decision was made.
Spiritual eyes of a believer work a lot like that, but the believer has a great advantage. He has the Holy Spirit and the word of God. Let us use healing for an example. The Holy Spirit in your heart tells you what the Word of God says. You pray for a healing based on the Word and your faith in what it says. After commanding the body to heal, in Jesus name, the heart sends the message to the brain that the healing is done. The brain directs the body to restore health, and starts to see a completely well person. You are seeing with your spiritual eyes a completely healed body.
Of course satan will probably come by and try to change the picture. Just remember if you follow the word and ignore the distorted picture satan tries to make you believe, you are healed. Remember that the spiritual eyes of a believer never lie. We will probably go into this a little further at another time.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment