Thursday, November 7, 2013

Depression and Despair

Greetings My Friends;
The definition of depression is feelings of sadness and hopelessness.
Despair is described as total loss of hope.
Today I feel like someone is in need of a little boost, to help them deal with something they are going through.
I'd like to start off by saying that if you are depressed and you are a believer, Jesus is the answer.
Bear with me here and I'll explain. First of all both situations are brought on by the devil. As it is written, he comes to steal, kill and destroy. That means each of us is a potential target.
If you are a believer he will attack from time to time. A typical scenario might be. Let's say every morning you get up and thank the Lord for the new day and all of the blessings that He has given you. You spend a little quiet time with them. During the day you are what we sometimes call a good Christian. You even find time for the Bible because you feel very close to God.
Along comes satan. He's not happy with you. He starts condemning everything you do. He puts doubts in your mind about your motives, whether you really love God, or if God really loves you. He may try to tell you that you don't do enough, or what you do is useless. He may bring up things from before you were saved. Regrets are one of his big tools. Another tool he uses is trying to convince you that feeling sorry for yourself is okay. He'll even try to convince you that God can't or won't help you.
Just like Paul we all have a thorn in the side called the devil. We are no different than Paul. God told Paul that he had the tools to defeat satan and free himself. So do we. We call on the name of Jesus, read the Word, and rebuke satan. As a last-ditch effort by satan will be to put thoughts in your head that it won't work. Don't believe it. Remember no matter how you feel that you won the battle 2000 years ago with Jesus and the cross.
Anyone who is not saved yet faces other obstacles as well. satan makes sin look appealing. The bigger the sin the more he will tell you that God will not forgive you. He can cause despair to the point that some people get suicidal. Put away what you think you can't get along without and seek Jesus. He is the only can't get along without that there is. He forgives all who call on His name.
When someone is depressed, the last thing they want to hear anything is about God. satan planned  it to work that way. Ask the Holy Spirit to open their heart or your own for that matter.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"
PS
 I would like to let my readers know that in the next week or two I will start having videos on YouTube. They will be approximately 5 or 6 min. long and will cover each subject a little more in depth. I will try not to be boring. Please look for it on Mondays and Thursdays starting in about two weeks. Just go to The Minarcik Ministry in the search box on YouTube. I thank you for your faithfulness and I hope I have helped someone at sometime. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment