Thursday, August 29, 2013

Finding Joy

Greetings, My Friends;
I must tell another story about myself, because I believe there, are a few people that are having the same types of problems that I have. If you are a regular reader, you probably know that I believe I write these messages by direction of the Holy Spirit.
The other day I told my wife that I felt something was missing in my life. She promptly told me that I have a great blessing from the Holy Spirit, but I seem to lack joy about it. She said I seemed nonchalant about it all. I explained to her that since I felt led to write these messages, it was almost like I wasn't involved. She reminded me that the relationship with the Holy Spirit is what counts, not how I feel.
A little later I wrote as a heading on a blank sheet of paper for the next days message, the word joy. Well, the next day when I sit down to write, I drew a blank. The message did not come to me as it always did. I was puzzled. I started writing about something else.
Well, that day. I asked the Holy Spirit to tell me what the reason was for the missing feeling that troubled me. The rest of that day, he let me stew about it. The next morning during my prayer time, I asked him where the joy was in my life. The answer came immediately. He told me that I was not truly thankful, or appreciating my blessings. If I was thankful with all my heart, I would have joy, and no more missing something.
I was guilty. When I thought about it, and got over the shock of the truth, I knew in my heart that I had the answer. Everyday I had been thanking God for all the blessings and miracles in my life. I meant it, every time, but as I examined it, I could see that it was more like a reaction. Kind of like if someone says you have a nice shirt on, you automatically say thanks.
That may seem a little harsh, but it is true. Most of us say the right words, but they are hollow. If you really study the Bible, and really focus on Jesus, the words will come alive and you will live in constant joy. The whole trick is to concentrate on Jesus, when you talk to Him. Think about what you are saying.
Just remember, even if you can quote the Bible chapter and verse, it means nothing if not spoken in love from the heart. Even Satan can quote the Bible. In order for any prayers to be answered,  you must know  the power you have through Jesus. Be thankful for it, and pray with love in your heart.
The Holy Spirit always answers prayers, do not ask Unless you are ready for the truth. Do not dismiss his answer. If you put pride aside and really examine what he says , you will agree and it will change your life. I guarantee you will have joy in your heart and no more missing feelings.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment