Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ambassador for Christ

Greetings My Friends;
If you were to ask the average church going Christian about witnessing for Jesus, they would probably tell you that they think they should. If you ask them how, they will probably tell you what they heard in church. Ring doorbells, pass out tracts. I am not saying that this is wrong, it is just one way, it doesn't work very well for some people.
A while back I was talking to a couple I have known for a long time. As is normal, they asked how everything is going. I know when someone asks that, they don't really want to know. They shouldn't have asked me, because I will break the unwritten rule, and actually tell them.
When I mentioned my ministry, you would think I was talking about the social life of a germ. They couldn't be less interested, and changed the subject at the speed of light. It did not phase me. The brief meeting became even briefer, because they obviously were uncomfortable.
When I started my ministry, I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me, tell me what to say, and for him to do the rest. That included finding the right people to hear the message. I believe that if you are reading this message, it is part of his plan.
A couple of weeks ago I received a phone call from the couple, I referred to earlier. The man asked me how they could find me online. I told him, and that was all I said about it. A week ago, I received another call. This time, they told me that they have read almost all of the messages. The comment "it's really cool. You are really blessed." They said. The blessed part 3 times.
To make a long story short, it shows me that the Holy Spirit is working. He tells me, and I do. I just write,  He does the rest. I plant the seed, and He makes it grow.
I guess I got off track a little bit, but I will get back on track with the next message. I will relate alternative ways to be a witness for Christ.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come in to my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment