Monday, August 5, 2013

Pride

Greetings My Friends,
Pride is a sin.
Proverbs 21:4 "A haughty look, a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked are sin."
This is such a vast subject that even a couple of messages cannot even scratch the surface. As you can tell, God hates pride and considers it a sin. Why do you suppose he has such hatred for sin ? Probably because it leads to so many others sins. Pride is what caused Satan to fall. He was so full of pride, he thought he was better than God.
We will take a brief look at some of the usual results of pride. Usually self righteousness is the beginning. A self righteous person compares his supposed superiority to other people. He figures he is far better than anyone when it comes to lifestyle, being convinced that whatever they do is no comparison to him. He brags about what he considers his spotless life.
Our business, position in church, any type of situation can bring out pride in someone. Head of a company, a preacher, even the manager of a softball team, can easily be corrupted by a personality that sees itself superior  to everyone else. A very good example of this superiority complex can be found in people in politics.
Psalm 10:4 "The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God,  God is in none of his thoughts."
Proverbs 26:12 "Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than him."
God is a jealous God. When you are the created, how can you be greater than the Creator? When a person is full of pride and self righteousness, he doesn't even recognize God. Maybe he thinks he is so great, that he created himself.
This topic is so extensive that it cannot be covered in one short message. We will take a further look at another time.
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you;
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment